We are currently seeking an experienced SENIOR HAMMERHAND with the following attributes:
• Must be reliable
• Have own tools and transport
• Must be motivated, work well in a team environment and be able to work unsupervised
• Trade qualification preferable but not essential
• Knowledge of health and safety systems
A variety of work and good remuneration are available to the successful applicant.
If you take pride in your work and thrive in a busy yet fulfilling role, please email CV and covering letter to:
Jason Mavor 4371253
We have a full-time position, based in our Oamaru operation. The role will primarily focus on working with our agricultural customers.
• On-site technical problem-solving
• Identification of maintenance works
• General service work
• Irrigation system commissioning
• Understanding pumps and pump electrical controls, irrigation components, and their operation and maintenance
• Available for callouts
The ideal applicant will have/be the following:
• Honest and hardworking
• Well organized, practical and methodical
• Excellent people skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Able to work unsupervised, as well as with a team
• Ability to get the job done (able to work extra hours when necessary)
• A team player with a friendly can-do attitude
• Experience with and understanding of electrical control circuits (analogue and digital)
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Clean New Zealand driver’s licence
• Experience in irrigation and pump installations preferred, but not essential
• Physically fit
The position provides variation, flexibility and the opportunity to work within a company with great people and progressive customers.
Applicants will have a current electrical working licence, whether it is an EST, or full electrician’s licence. Industry training as required will be provided to assist the successful applicant with this position.
If you have a high level of personal and professional integrity, then we would like to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your résumé to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or drop CV in to WaterForce Oamaru,
8 Endeavour Crescent, Oamaru Business Park.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
• Lead ?nance role reporting to General Manager
• Oamaru - well established, privately owned business
• Diverse role with opportunity for growth
Numat is looking for a talented Finance Manager with considerable experience in a ‘project ?nance’ environment to join the team. Operating for over 20 years, this importing/distribution business continues to evolve with a new recreation division making inroads nationally and the well-established agri business moving into offshore markets.
A sound technical accounting skillset is critically important to this role; you must be competent in budgeting and cash?ow, ?nancial reporting analysis and recommendations to the leadership team, stock and inventory control, trade ?nance (FOREX), work in progress management, payroll and project accounting. Additionally, this role will require you to coach and
motivate a small ?nance team, develop sound working relationships with all staff and bring a strong values based skillset to your work.
The business fosters a collaborative working environment and champions continuous improvement. They also operate with their values at the heart of everything they do – it says a lot about their culture and ethics. If you consider yourself to be innovation orientated, work with passion, and integrity, and value
teamwork then you’d ?t in well here!
This role demands someone with sound decision making ability and the desire to drive improvement across broader business processes, particularly wearing the ‘?nance hat’. A strong technology and systems understanding, particularly in ERP systems (NetSuite or other) is also important; this role is typically the company’s master user.
It is an interesting time to join the business, if you are someone that can impact their success, we would love to hear from you! To apply please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Oamaru New World is currently looking for a Grocery Supervisor to assist its team with the daily operations of our Grocery Department. You will be a part of an enthusiastic and motivated team. We are a store that values initiative and sustainability. In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Store Manager. This role includes Tuesday to Saturday 1pm-10pm shift(s).
The successful applicant will need to have experience in the retail industry, and have a strong customer focus, preferably having worked in a supermarket environment, and be able to
demonstrate the following attributes:
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist the Store Manager in supervising staff
• Ensuring staff are working to their potential and that there is suf?cient staff on at all times.
• Assist staff in their training requirements, ensuring compliance standards are met
• Ensuring ticket prices are correct, and the store is merchandised appropriately
• Maintaining of our Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards
• Developed organisational skills
• Effectively communicate at all levels
• Attention to detail
• Be a problem-solver
• Good computer skills – ability to pick up programs with ease
• Display high presentation standards
• Liquor Manager’s Certi?cate an advantage
• Able to complete paperwork promptly
• Physically ?t
If this sounds like the role for you, please register and apply now at: www.foodstuffs.careercentre.net.nz
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Oamaru Top 10 Holiday Park is seeking staff to join its team for the upcoming busy season.
Cleaning positions and a cleaning/ reception position.
Applicants must be available to work weekdays/weekends and holidays.
Please apply in person to Tracy at the Top 10 Holiday Park:
30 Chelmer Street
WAITAKI CONTRACTING LTD is an agricultural contracting business based on the Waitaki Plains in North Otago approximately 5 minutes north of Oamaru.
We are currently looking to employ seasonal machinery operators for the upcoming 2019/2020 season. Although the positions initially are seasonal there is the potential for full time
employment going forward. We are seeking employees to operate a variety of agricultural machinery which include all
aspects of cultivation and baleage making. It would also be a benefit for applicants to have experience maintaining and servicing agricultural equipment, plus holding a class 4 licence and/or a heavy wheels endorsement would also be an advantage.
A more detailed job description is available on request.
For further information please call Bryce on 0274578198 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
South Hill area
Working for the ODT newspaper delivery team is a great way to join the workforce and starting earning some money, or earn extra money without impacting on your day. If you are aged 13 and over and interested in this position then please email your name, address and contact phone number to email@example.com or Phone/Text 021-246-3652
Tim Devlin Plumbing and Gas are looking for a qualified Plumber to join their new family business based in Oamaru.
Applicants must have a drivers licence and be a New Zealand Citizen.
firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 021 0850 0465
We require a reliable person to help farm and manage our well set up property situated at Five Forks, Oamaru. Approx 20 hours per week. Duties include livestock management, tractor work, k-line irrigation and general farm maintenance. Generous package.
Please apply to email@example.com
Phone: (027) 444-2919
Able Southern Family Support is seeking applicants for the following position:
Fieldworker – Part Time (35 hrs p/w)
The ideal applicant needs to have:
• Sound computer skills
• Experience working with whanau/families and in particular children and youth
• Minimum of a Mental Health Support worker diploma or certi?cate or other related health/social service quali?cation
• Experience in the Mental Health sector and well developed
Application packs are available from: Katy - 03 434 1130
firstname.lastname@example.org or download from www.able.org.nz
Applications close 4.30pm Monday 30 September 2019.